WestRock (NYSE: WRK) is the leading paper and packaging company. With more than 50,000 team members and 320 manufacturing facilities, design centers, research labs and sales offices worldwide, we proudly connect people to essential products every day through sustainable packaging solutions – from products in grocery stores and pharmacies to the box delivered on your doorstep. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
IT & Digital Analyst, Technology Leadership Program – Atlanta, GA
The Technology Leadership Program (TLP) is a two-year leadership rotational program comprised of a combination of 12-month and 6-month assignments. The TLP is designed to develop future WestRock IT & Digital leaders. As an IT & Digital Analyst, you will be a part of a full-time intensive program with an opportunity to start your career in one of the following tracks: Digital Product Management, Business Process & Relationship Management, Program Management, Data & Analytics, and Information Security. Program benefits include, but are not limited to, exposure to IT & Digital functions, engagement with senior leadership, technical and professional development, mentorship, and other events (team building, leadership and volunteer). Following successful completion of the program, you will be placed in a permanent function based upon performance, career interest, and business needs.
What you need to succeed:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science, Business Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Technology Innovation, Business Analytics
· Minimum 3.5 GPA preferred
· Relevant experience including internships, co-op assignments and leadership roles a plus
· Strong interest in technology, innovation and working in a fast paced, global organization
· Knowledge of IT systems, specifications, networks, and computer systems
· Strong analytic/problem-solving skills, attention to detail, passion for improvement, and desire to work in a team/collaborative environment
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
· Excellent leadership, prioritization, and organizational skills
· Ability to quickly adapt to change, multi-task and prioritize multiple projects
· Strong capabilities with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
· Project planning and management skills preferred
· Willingness to work in Atlanta, GA and work in or travel to manufacturing / production environments
How you will impact WestRock across the IT & Digital organization:
The Technology Leadership Program consist of several tracks: Digital Product Management, Business Process & Relationship Management, Program Management, Data & Analytics, and Information Security. Depending on your track, responsibilities may include:
Digital Product Management
· Support the development of digital products, methodology and capability alignments.
· Develop an understanding of product management and how features work, what a full feature looks like, how a feature can be modified, with goal of delivering value to customers & our business.
· Create and define the features and customer experience through high quality user requirements, and user stories while managing the scope of each release in support of an agile Product delivery team.
· Conducts basic analysis such as funnel analysis, basic product performance analysis. Managing and updating growth models by using tools such as Excel and data connections & analytics tools.
· Balance both qualitative and quantitative data analysis to balance constraints and customer needs to ensure execution of the full product lifecycle process from concept to launch.
· Coordinate pilots and go-to-market plans for the launch of new digital products, features, and functionality
· Collaborate with other members of the product team including Developers, Product Management, UI/UX, DevOps, SecOps and QA team members on subjects from research, design, deployment, analytics, & product feature usage & adoption.
Program, Business Process & Relationship Management
· Assist with business relationship management to include partnering with stakeholders to collect and document requirements
· Partner with business stakeholders and IT/Digital teams on aggregating, prioritizing and building future roadmaps
· Work with master data to ensure proper maintenance, data preparation and accuracy for metrics and reporting
· Assist with the migration of reports to modern solutions and build report/data catalogs for data lake enablement
· Assist with project management activities on major initiatives for the business
· Lead projects and support key initiatives as assigned
Data & Analytics
· Formulate and apply mathematical modeling and other optimizing methods to develop and interpret information that assists the business with decision making, policy formulation and/or other management functions through solutions that save time, cost, or improve processes
· Analyze large data sets and use programming languages such as Python, R, IBM SPSS Modeler to develop statistical and optimization models to drive business solutions
· Build large data sets from multiple sources to build algorithms for predicting future data characteristics
· Setups and deploys models/solutions in a live/production environment
· Identify data needs and requirements for data collection, transformation and integration to support modeling needs
· Develop executive dashboards on program/project status, prepare business cases, technical reports, presentations, and status briefings; present as required to key stakeholders
· Support self-sever and analytics strategy projects for coordination and execution
· Partner with Information Security team members to support the development of awareness and training materials to enable company-wide understanding of cybersecurity risks and best practices
· Participate in risk management activities, including supporting the continued build-out of the Information Security Risk Register
· Support the design and development of security metrics and security metrics dashboarding to assist with the visualization of security key performance and risk indicators
· Assist in compliance tracking and documentation activities for Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance
· Support the completion of user access review documentation to contribute to SOX compliance efforts
· Assist the Information Security team’s Third-Party Security Management function to execute security assessments of third parties
· Support the Information Security team’s Enterprise Security Architecture function to conduct security and architectural reviews of upcoming technology deployments
· Assist the Security Operations Center with security monitoring activities and analysis
· Participate in Identity and Access management activities, supporting the provisioning and deprovisioning of system access to applications
· Create project planning documentation, including work plans and action item trackers to coordinate key initiatives across the Information Security team